Purpose and Task :
- To facilitate the planning, promotion, and execution of the 2001 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships Tournament.
Mission Statement :
- Within our task of facilitating the planning, promotion, and execution of the 2001 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships Tournament - our sport's premier annual global event - we commit to promote the enjoyment of Disc Golf as a world class sport, being international in focus, and universally race, age, and gender inclusive.
We commit to provide participants with an outstanding opportunity to compete in both beautiful and appropriately balanced venues, challenge the widest variety of Disc Golf skills possible, and to provide professional support services to our players, the public, and our sponsor partners.
We commit to foster the growth of Disc Golf and to instill community involvement both locally and worldwide by creating an atmosphere that will enable groups and individuals to work as educators and ambassadors that will promote the virtues of this great sport to others within their local communities.
- Maximize the positive experience for players, sponsors and the community
- Bring the Minnesota community together to promote Disc Golf at its highest level
- Provide wide exposure of our sponsors via a variety of medias, and public promotions
- Raise awareness of the benefits of Disc Golf among youth, and the general public
- Be the most well organized, knowledgable, and helpful hosts possible
- Increased national and international awareness of the Minnesota Disc Golf Community
- Increased ability to work together, to utilize and gain skills, and grow friendships
- Increased awareness of Disc Golf within the business communtiy, and funding for further growth
- Attract new players to the sport locally, nationally, and internationally
- Increased quality of future tournaments, by setting the new standard of excellence